The number one priority of the Charleston Gaillard Center remains the safety and security of our patrons. Below you will find the policies and procedures the Gaillard Center is implementing for upcoming events in the Martha and John M. Rivers Performance Hall. We will continue to monitor guidelines for the latest public health innovations so that we are continually updating these procedures while providing the best patron experience for your visit. We are so grateful for the patrons who continue to support the arts in Charleston!
All fully vaccinated staff members and patrons can go without wearing a face mask as outlined in the CDC guidance effective Monday, May 10, 2021. Those who feel more comfortable wearing a mask are encouraged to do so. This policy applies to all staff, ushers, volunteers, and patrons.
Staff members, ushers, volunteers, and patrons who have not been vaccinated should continue wearing masks and follow other safety protocols as per the CDC Interim guidelines outlined below. We will work with our rental clients and Performance Hall patrons to communicate the following guidelines at each event.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you. For more information on where to find a COVID-19 vaccine visit,https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-vaccine
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
The above policies are interim based on the latest guidelines provided by the CDC. Should these CDC guidelines change, the Charleston Gaillard Center’s interim guidelines will be changed accordingly.
Additionally the Gaillard Center remains committed to keeping cleaning and sanitization a priority in all of our event spaces to deliver on our rigorous standards.