The Charleston Gaillard Center's Education & Community Program remains committed to creating unforgettable educational experiences, while also keeping patron safety top of mind. Please note that all shows in our 2021-2022 education season are subject to change as we continue to monitor and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As always, we will keep all ticket holders informed of any changes to the schedule or protocols.
Just Be You: Parent-Daughter Self-Compassion Workshops
Saturday, December 4 | 10am-12pm
Please join local non-profit, Just be You, in partnership with the Charleston Gaillard Education and Community Program for workshops designed for 6th-12th grade girls, (or those who identify as) and their parent or legal guardian.
The workshop will cover:
• A shared understanding of self compassion and the ability to speak kindly to yourself and others.
• Helpful communication tools that can be applied to your household when times get overwhelming.
• A stronger sense of emotional strength and perseverance in the face of adversity.
•Develop a more positive self-image, while understanding the negative effects of comparing ourselves to others.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up, workshops are $25 for the parent/child pair or full scholarships are available upon request.
About Just Be You:
Just Be You is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to build teens self-confidence through self-compassion and self-love. Through workshops, school assemblies and motivational speakers, Just Be You focuses on the daily challenges of life as a modern teen.
Workshops are led by Founder of Just Be You,Beth Rucker, and clinical psychologist, Executive Director of Just Be You, and certified Life CoachAustin Nelson.
Community Moves with Dance Conservatory of Charleston
November 14, 2021
Dance Conservatory of Charleston in partnership with Charleston Gaillard Education and Community Program and various other community supporters announces the return of Community Moves, a program created to provide more access to dance for people of all abilities.
Exploring movement in an inclusive setting can increase confidence, improve physical strength, and forge important social bonds.
Community Moves will bring the joy of dance to children with cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular challenges. This program, based on the best practices in adaptive dance from The New York City Ballet, is open to all participants and their siblings at NO COST and includes:
· A customized Movement Workshop, Sunday, November 14th, from 11am to 12:30pm at Dance Conservatory of Charleston (1632 Ashley Hall Road, Charleston). This workshop includes movements based on the beloved holiday classic, The Nutcracker, and is supported by medically-trained volunteers.
· A Special Educational Performance of Scenes from the Nutcracker at the Gaillard, Monday, November 29th for participants and their families, followed by a holiday-themed reception where students will meet student performers in costume.
Email email@example.com to sign up.